Friday, May 20, 2011

There are bad days and then there was today

This was given to me today by one of my seniors and I can't help but share it as a reminder that sometimes . . . there is a reason.

Dear Mrs. Ring,

I express myself best through writing so this letter is the result.
I'd like to thank you for four wonderful years. I've learned alot from you an you've made them memorable.
Thank you for creating an atmosphere in your classroom in which I've always felt accepted and included despire my many quirks (& thanks for tolerating them.)
Thank you for encouraging my passion for the English language. Should I follow the educational path, I think I'd like to be like you.
Thank you for helping me find my voice through your drama classes. Singing for a crowd was just a dream, because I never had the opportunity or the courage for it. Now I know that I DO have the courage and thank you for helping me realize that.
Thank you for ruining every horror movie I'll ever see by teaching me symbolism. I'll have fun being the obnoxious know-it-all who ruins it for all her friends, too -
And finally thank you for challenging me. I don't remember ever having an "A" in your class that I didn't have to consciously maintain. With so many teachers just letting student slip by for minimal work, it's refreshing to have to try. I value that greatly in a teacher, so thank you, thank you and thank you again.
You're the teacher that I'll tell my kids about. I hope you realize how valuable you are.


Sometimes this albatross is rendered speechless by the beautiful voice of a dove. Thank you CM.

No comments:

Post a Comment