Monday, September 20, 2010

Declaration of Goals

So today's declaration of goals went well - fast, but good. As each student stood up to declare what he/she was taking on for the 15 days, I found myself intrigued by the things they were choosing. Many chose to better themselves, some chose to make their lives happier, and a few took on singular goals that were more personal and challenging for them. I'm looking forward to seeing what they will produce in the weeks ahead.

As for myself, I'm taking on the challenge of putting my house in order, physically and emotionally. There was a great quote from an NCIS episode I recently saw (again - I'm addicted) that said something like - "order on the outside, equals order on the inside". Further, there was an article about how orderly the home of Jamie Lee Curtis is and how she must keep order in her home in order to give her time to spend on the things that are important to her. I like that.

I tend to spend so much time - waste so much time - tidying up my everyday life and not enough time actually living it. So I'm taking on this task for the next 15 days - to tidy up my life, trim out the things that expend so much of my energy and find the formula for creating time.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment