Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tackling the pile

Tackling my load of papers has never been an easy task - let me clear that up right away. In the past, it has been made less difficult with the aid of my family members taking on small and easy projects like multiple-choice tests and easy to grade papers where they must just check off names. As well, I've had peer tutors and teachers to help me in years past to avoid the massive back-up of grades that always seems to accumulate right before the first parent-teacher conferences. This year, I had no one to help with the grading.

Well, it's not fair to say I had no one. My wonderful husband, who right now is chasing our daughter around the living room has been an absolutel angel this week helping me get ahead of things. Further, my mother spent the day with my girl yesterday so her mom and dad could get things done around the house.

What I learn from this experience is that I should never let the pile back-up again- procrastination is not the answer. Also, that I still have some great people willing to help when I need it with what they can help with.

And lastly - after being a teacher for 13 years, you will never find anyone to help you grade papers. Simply because you've burnt them out on it for the previous 13 years.

Ah well - the pile is much more manageable now and though it is still there, I should be able to be finished by the Tuesday deadline. Thank God.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment