Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good Evening and Good Night

Did you ever have the feeling that you won the war but lost key battles? I did not get to bed early last night because of the lure of NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles. Despite the fact that I DVR'ed both of them, I did not manage to get to bed before 10:00 - stinks to be me.

Facing a battle without first preparing for it by getting sleep can cause you to do lots of things you don't expect to happen. I expected to breeze through today, on my measly 6.5 hours of sleep - not at all being phased by the chunk of concentration that was missing from my mind today or that fact that patience was at an all time low today. Fake it 'til you make it, my mother always says and hope you don't make any mistakes.

Despite saying too much at times and embarassing a few of my students (I apologize to you - truly, I'm sorry), It was a great night. I talked to some really great parents and guardians and learned a lot about my students that I didn't know before. I can only wish that I'd had more time to talk and get to know them better.

A few apologies are in order and I can only hope to accomplish those tomorrow and in the next few days. I hope that a hug or two and a good old chuck on the shoulder will help mend the few cracked egoes that were damaged this evening.

Until then, Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment